Over the last year I have gone from 0-60 when it comes to running. I am almost to my 1 year anniversary of my first 5K. Since then, I have run 12 races. WHAT?! Are you kidding me? If you would have told me last September that I would run 12 races over the next year, I would have laughed in your face. I would get on the treadmill and run for a minute and walk for a minute. Am I proud of myself? Yes, but only for the reason that there aren’t a lot of things that you can start (and get a medal for) at age 30.
My next adventure: MUSTACHE DACHE! What’s that you ask?? Not only is it a fun 5K (3.1 miles) for a great cause, but you do it with a mustache! Yup! A mustache, a lip warmer, a caterpillar on your face, a cookie duster, lip toupee, push broom, snot mop. Call it what you will. On Saturday Novemeber 16, in Lehi Utah, Crissa and I will be running with all of the other stached up fools. Don’t let the disappointment roll in if you aren’t a Utahan, there are a total of 10 Mustache Daches nationwide.
CORVALLIS, OREGON: Saturday, November 9, 2013
DENVER, COLORADO: Saturday, November 23, 2013
DETROIT, MICHIGAN: Saturday, November 9, 2013
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: Saturday, November 30, 2013
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sunday, November 17, 2013
PORTLAND, OREGON: Saturday, November 16, 2013
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH: Saturday, November 16, 2013
SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS: Saturday, November 23, 2013
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON: Saturday, November 16, 2013
ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA: Saturday, November 9, 2013
The Mustache Dache™ is the nation’s premier mustache-themed running series! Men, women and children are all invited to embrace their inner Mario or Luigi and participate in this slightly irreverent 5k. Taking place during the month of November, the national series helps Movember, the global men’s health charity, combat prostate and testicular cancer. All participants receive a t-shirt and mustache finisher’s medal, plus access to the Mustache Bash post-race party, with photo booth, costume contest, food trucks, and plenty more.
Still not convinced…have a peek at the medal! Have you ever in your life earned a medal in the shape of a mustache??
If the medal didn’t do it for you, maybe the shirt will! But if you like the shirt, but register SOON!! You have to register for the race of your choice by Oct 13 to get a shirt!
Now that I have told you about the event of the year, let me tell you WHY it is a must. I am aware that the majority of our readers are women. We all know if something needs to get done, you MUST put a woman in charge. Here is something for you to be in charge of…something serious. Men’s Health. I know it isn’t my hubby’s #1 priority to have his business checked out by a doctor, but it is my #1 priority for my kids to have a daddy. Therefore, his health is pretty high on my list. Here are a few facts you may not know:
- The average life expectancy for men is five years fewer than women (presently 77 years old compared to 82).
- 1 in 2 men, and 1 in 3 women, will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
- Evidence suggests that about a third of the 571,950 cancer deaths expected to occur this year will be related to obesity, physical inactivity and poor nutrition, and thus could be prevented.
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime.
- In 2012, 242,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed and more than 28,000 men will die of prostate cancer.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in American males between the ages of 15 and 35.
- 8,590 men will be diagnosed with the disease in 2012 and 360 will die.
- 6 million people die every year from tobacco use and exposure to tobacco smoke. One person dies every six seconds.
- 1 in every 13 men will develop lung cancer.
- While not as common, men can get breast cancer. About 2,140 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed among men and about 450 men will die from the disease in 2012.
- In 2012, an estimated 13 million or 11.8% of all adult men over the age of 20 in the US have diabetes.
- Approximately 76.4 million men and women in the US have high blood pressure- 1 in 5 do not know it.
- About 1 in 3 adults has high blood pressure, and blood pressure tends to rise with age.
- Researchers estimate that at least 6 million men in the United States suffer from a depressive disorder every year.
- Four times as many men commit suicide compared with women.
- 24% of men are less likely to go to the doctor compared to women.
Chew on that for a few minutes, ladies! This is important stuff and we need to do our best to support an amazing cause! You will want to just to look this amazing!
Crissa and I are running with the Mustache Mammas at the SLC Mustache Dache in Lehi, UT. We would love to have you join up with us or support in your home town. What more convincing do you need?? I showed you the medal, the shirt, the stache and now a DISCOUNT CODE!!
Enter the discount code of: RMRV when registering and save 10%. If you want the shirt, make sure you register by SATURDAY to get it. The discount code is good for ALL 10 MUSTACHE DACHES!!
Want to WIN a FREE ENTRY for any one Mustache Dache?!
-mustache not included-