Let’s get one thing straight, planning a wedding from scratch is no walk in the park and requires that you take a great many decisions beforehand itself. Even the slightest mistake or wrong call could mean the difference between the happiest day of your life and a day that makes you angry every time you think about it which you want to forget about as soon as possible. You can be sure of that fact. Which is exactly why you need to be extra cautious and vigilant towards scam services on the whole.
Having said that, being able to tell the difference between a legitimate and a scam service is easier said than done. After all, you need not have any doubt of the fact that there are enough scam services that know exactly how to go about fooling people in the most subtle manner. That should come as no surprise as they have been doing it for years on end. So you owe it to yourself to be able to tell the difference to make sure you don’t get scammed on a multiple basis. Be it the case of wedding photography bucks by Nigel Chapman Photography or dealing with any other service, this is something that you cannot afford to forget.
So without any further ado, let us delve into the five most common wedding photography scams to keep an eye out for:-
- Transaction scams: If the people concerned are unfamiliar with different types of transactions like contracts, purchases, rentals and the like, you can be sure of the fact that the atmosphere is ripe for scammers to take full advantage of. This includes hired vendors never being paid as well as cheques bouncing at the last minute when it is too late.
- Picture scams: Here, a scam service charges an exorbitant amount of money to be given in advance for high-quality pictures that they promise to deliver on the last day. Then, none of the photographs arrive, and the service is nowhere to be seen, having pocketed all your money.
- The flower scam: In most cases, you will be shown fake, photoshopped images of amazing flower arrangements for a very expensive rate that needs to be delivered as soon as possible. After a promise of delivery on the day of the wedding, you never see or hear of the service again.
- Wedding gift scams: With a lot of scam vendor services, the moment you give them the money for the wedding gifts, they will simply pocket it and run away with your gifts and money alike. To avoid this fiasco, make sure that you have all the gifts sent to a secure and guarded location or a warehouse where you can be alerted to any potential chance of your gifts being stolen.
- The home invasion: This may be the scariest scam of them all. With a wedding photography service that has access to your home, a lot of scam services look for the perfect opportunity to steal all your belongings when you aren’t in the house. One of the main things that you can do to prevent this is to inform your neighbours or the police about your concerns so they can check on your house every half hour.
Finally, don’t ever forget that this is the most joyous and memorable event of your life and it is up to you to make it happen that way. Expecting a service to take care of everything is foolhardy. For the most part, these scams usually take place either when the person is oblivious of the very existence of these scams or has not taken the proper time out to plan each aspect of the wedding.
Hence, always remember not to rush things, keep all the above pointers in mind and approach every aspect of the wedding with a certain sense of caution so that you will know beforehand itself when you are getting taken for a ride. It is as simple as that.